Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Tap Of The Shot Glass

Déjà Vu
Odyssey Of Love
Take The Journey

A Tap Of The Shot Glass
                              For Gerald Thomas Organ

In my hand is a shot glass
That belongs to you
Many times it has passed 
Through your hands
Filled to the rim

A salute 
A tap
On the shot glass 
 In another hand

A salute to an end of an era 
Of prohibition

A salute man to man
To life
To living
To good times

The shot glass is yours
Now it is mine
Passed down
Over three generations
To our modern era 
Of prohibition again

The glass is full again
To the rim

In my heart I can see you
On the day your daughter 
Gave me birth
Your first
Her first

The shot glass in your hand
In a mirrored image
Cut into the glass under the rim
The drink glistening as it spins the sides
Up into the air in your hand

I raise our glass in my time
To salute your life 
As you saluted me
Spoken aloud
In a Celtic way


I salute your life
As you saluted mine

A toast to an end of an era 
Of prohibition
A salute 
Man to man

To life
To living
To good times
To the love

Love that lives on
In our hearts
In our lives
In our generations

A tap
A tip 
Of our shot glasses
In our times

Here’s to you

Eternally

Maharishi Déjà Vu


Odyssey Level Déjà Vu 
Love The Journey
Love Of Ulysses

 ©  Sicilian Family Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment